About Weiders Paint & Hardware
Who we are
“It was in 1879 when John A. Weider opened his horse-and-harness supply business on Spring Street in downtown Rochester. Flash forward to today, Weiders Hardware operates stores in Honeoye Falls, Brighton and Perinton, serving the Greater Rochester Area.”
Weiders Hardware has moved quite a few times over the years. By the early 1900s, when hardware was added to the offerings, Weiders moved to State Street (West Main & Broad). From there, it was on to West Main Street, where the store remained for more than half a century before it was demolished for the Inner Loop project in 1967. In 1961, Weiders opened a second location in Suburban Plaza on East Henrietta Road in Henrietta. The Honeoye Falls store opened in 1998. The Henrietta shop closed in 2005, and the Brighton store opened in a former Lilac Cleaners shop near Twelve Corners in the spring of 2011. In 2015 the decision was made to switch suppliers for the Honeoye Falls store and Weiders Hardware joined Ace.
In 1929, on the 50th anniversary of the opening of his business, John A. Weider is quoted as saying “Give them what they want”. John A. Weider believed that it was his commitment to excellent customer service which helped his horse and harness business thrive during the rise of the motor age.
Today, Weiders Hardware operates with the same commitment to excellent customer service.