Click Here to download the application. Application may be submitted here online or in-person at any Weiders Location.
Weiders Ace Hardware is a family owned business with three locations in Honeoye Falls, Perinton and Brighton. Cashier Associates are responsible for accurate and efficient cash register operations involving the sale and/or return of merchandise. Additional, responsibilities include replenishing, rotating and displaying merchandise as assigned and ensuring that signage is correct.
- Project a positive representation of Weiders Hardware.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers by name, when possible, when they are leaving the store.
- Project a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Clear customer checkout lines quickly and efficiently.
- Answer and monitor all calls and pages promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Communicate any problem or issue that requires management assistance.
- Continually build product knowledge base and possess the ability to assist customers with store layout and product location.
- Assist in pricing, stocking, marking and bagging of merchandise.
- Follow all cash register transaction procedures.
- Responsible for balancing of register drawer.
- Adhere to any Store Support Center program or promotion that may require implementation at the cash registers.
- Participate in store and Cashier meetings.
- Keep the front end, including checkout areas and entrance doors neat and clean at all times. Face and dust front end.
- Assist with keeping impulse counters stocked and faced, rotate fresh merchandise in as seasons change.
- Ensure fresh ads are stocked in shopping carts at all times.
- Ensure forms and supplies are stocked at all times.
- Assist with decorating the front end.
- Call for cart pickups when necessary.
- Inform management when merchandise returns need to be put away.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School or GED equivalent.
- Cashier experience preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Physical: Ability to stand, walk, lift (up to 25lbs) and climb ladder.
Job Category: Associate Level
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Job Location: Weiders Honeoye Falls